In the port operations field, KCTC is primarily responsible for managing Posco’s port operations, which include the following tasks:
- Vessel and Ship Management: Monitoring and managing the schedules and activities of vessels and ships in the port. This includes scheduling arrivals and departures, guiding vessels into the port, and tracking port call times.
- Cargo Stowage and Handling: Organizing cargo stowage and arrangement on vessels, containers, and storage areas within the port. This requires tight control of cargo flow and storage management.
- Infrastructure Operation: Maintaining and managing port infrastructure, including port bridges, cranes, and gantry cranes. Ensuring that these facilities operate efficiently and safely.
- Customs Procedures and Security Checks: Supporting customs and security inspection processes for cargo and vessels, ensuring compliance with all regulations and rules.
- Financial and Passenger Services: Providing services to passengers and vessels, including fee collection, information provision, and managing port facilities such as passenger terminals and accommodation areas.
- Environmental Management: Ensuring that port operations comply with environmental protection regulations, waste handling, and minimizing negative impacts on the marine and land environment.
- Financial and Contract Management: Managing financial resources, contracting transport services, and monitoring revenue and expenses related to port operations.
- Maintenance and Repairs: Conducting regular maintenance and repairs of port infrastructure to ensure safety and efficiency.